Thursday, October 27, 2011

Essence Blue Addicted

Essence Blue Addicted is another of the polishes that came in the awesome birthday package from my buddy in Ireland. If you're thinking it looks familiar, that's because it's pretty much a dead on dupe for Lippmann Across the Universe.


Blue Addicted is blue and green hex glitter, along with blue micro glitter, in a dark blue jelly base. I think you could probably reach opacity with about three coats, but I layered two coats on top of one coat of American Apparel Passport Blue.


Honestly, one coat over Passport Blue would probably have been fine, but I like the look of it with more glitter per nail.


I topped it off with one coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails and then a coat of Pro FX Quick Dry to smooth things out. I'm not sure why the polish looks a little dull in these pics, it's much shinier in person and the combination of those two top coats made it smooth as glass.


Total love. =)


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is incredible! I need to find this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ATU, and this looks exactly like it. Thanks for the swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I need to find this:]
    it's gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubba hubba! Looks fantastic!! Glad somebody finally successfully duped ATU (even though I own it already)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @serendipitously.create Right? It really is amazing!

    @All The Pretty Polish Yeah, this one is a dead on dupe. I still want ATU though! =D

    @SeeSarahSwatch Thank you, I really adore it!

    @Courtney Yeah, I've seen a few attempts, but this is by far the best. It's such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Noelie, I'm a new follower :)
    I just got this gorgeous Essence polish the other day and can't wait to try it. I was thinking of layering over OPI's Roadhouse blues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, guess what, I just bought this one from eBay too. What can I say? You are a temptress... :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!